Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Two cards to share! :)

I just realized that both of these cards were made for sad reasons...  rather depressing.  hmmm. Anyway... I hope this first one helps cheer the recipient up and that she will have good, healthy news in near future. I do love this set!  It's the June The Stamps of Life stamp set and matching die set.
 
and this is a card for my Aunt.  My uncle passed away in April.  I know, it's a rather belated sympathy card, but I struggle to make them for obvious reasons. :(  I do like how it turned out though.  Although I've already expressed my sympathies to her and the family, I thought a card to still be appropriate.  I worked on this card for so long.. here and there.. setting it aside, I can't even remember how I created the card front.  It took a lot of inking before I was satisfied with it.  I forget who makes the embossing folder, but I just recently purchased it at my LSS just for the ocassion.  I hope I don't need to use often.  After embossing, I think I used alcohol inks, regular inks, chalk...  The butterfly on front is a new "Triplets" die cut set from The Stamps of life.  Another purchase I shouldn't have made, but I couldn't resist.  ;)   Inside stamps are by SU!

 

2 1/2 more days of school over here, then it's SUMMERTIME!  woo! 

4 comments:

  1. Both of your cards are absolutely gorgeous!! Sympathy cards are by far the hardest to make - you have done such a fabulous job with both!! I love, love the hot air balloons!! And the butterfly is so beautiful!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fab job with both cards. The sympathy card is subtle and the butterfly looks lovely. The card with the air balloons is so so sweet. Really uplifting; the recipient must have been smiling at the moment when he/she got this card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanessa,

    Wonderful cards! Thanks for sharing the hot4balloons on our Facebook page!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. both are amazing.. i love that butterfly..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, and thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. :)